Thursday, August 30, 2012

He's here!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day had finally come!  My sweet baby was going to be born!
 
I was told to come into the hospital around 10 AM and my c-section would be scheduled for 12:30.  We dropped ds off with my mom and headed to the hospital.  I was so hungry and thirsty since I wasn't allowed to eat anything after midnight.
 
We got to the hospital and got checked into a room.  The room was really big and way off to the end of a hallway.  No one else was around us at all.  In fact, I never saw any other patients until we were leaving.
 
DH and I watched TV for a while.  The nurse came in and told us the c-section before me was running late.  I didn't get an IV placed until noon.  Then FIL, DH's grandma, my mom and ds came to the hospital.  There is a small viewing room where they are able to see the c-section and the baby right after he comes out.  Dr. F. came in and talked to me about what was going to happen.  I was a little nervous, but suprisingly not too bad. 
 
 
 
Finally, around 2:30 PM they came and got me and we walked down to the OR.  DH had to wait outside the doors while I got my spinal...which was also not a big deal.
 
DH came in and it seemed like only minutes later Baby B was born.  I saw them lift him up over the curtain and he was screaming.  He looked good.  They brought him over to the table to clean him up and DH took some pictures of him.
 
 
 
He was born at 2:52 PM and weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20.75 inches long.
 
 
Before I knew it, the surgery was over and they were transferring me back to the bed.  They wheeled me back to my room and I was able to hold Baby B.  He looked perfect...a lot like ds #1.  His hair is a little darker than ds #1 and it's hard to see what color eyes he has.  They look dark blue.
 
TBC....
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment