Tuesday, February 28, 2012

14 week, OB appt.

Saw Dr. F. today (Dr. M.'s wife).  She is awesome!  I am still down 2lbs from my 1st visit, but I am sure that will change here soon! 

We went over my plans for a VBAC again and she is totally on board.  We also talked about how they won't induce me for a VBAC and will only let me go up to a week past my due date.  I guess if I get to that point, I will have to have a repeat c-section.  It's a chance I am still willing to take.

She then checked the baby's heart rate with the doppler and it was in the 140's.  I love hearing it.

The results from my u/s yesterday were in.  My cervix was measuring 3.8 cm which is ok.  The reason I need to be monitored again is, 2.5 weeks before that, the measurement was at 6 cm.  I kind of hope they just measured wrong the 1st time.

We went over my 1st trimester screening results as well (NT scan).  I am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis, so DH doesn't need to be tested.  The chances of this baby having downs syndrome are 1:27,500 and chances of trisomy 18/21 are 1:9,700  Seems pretty decent to me!  I declined any further testing (AFP test).

My next appt. is in 4 weeks and next u/s is in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment